This little gem is taken from an interview in which he explains his reasoning for not allowing Nicki Minaj to perform at Summer Jam…due to the fact that she felt disrespected. Okay cool, true I wouldn’t waste my time if I felt the same as well. However, Lil Wayne’s quote just got me. Now I don’t know the dude personally…so i’m not saying that he doesn’t respect woman at all…however his music surely does make him sound like a hypocrite. Come on now! Majority of his lyrics do nothing but demean and disrespect women as well as feed into the ‘colorism paradox’!!!
I find songs like “Every Girl” & “Alphabet Bitches” (just to name a few because I know there are NUMEROUS examples) to be extremely problematic. By constantly calling women out of their name and asserting his preference of light skin women…excuse me as he calls them “red-bones” over darker skin women (the least desirable) he is doing nothing but insulting his fans and his people. As proud black woman, I choose not to listen to his music for the fact that I feel no connection to his music. His lyrics are garbage and hurtful and he comes off as a man who simply put… hates women.
In the end…I understand his reasoning for pulling the plug on Minaj’s performance…however I personally feel as though Wayne should practice what he preaches…>>
Aaaaand you’ll really consider this man “The Best Rapper Alive”
dude decided to make a ‘sweet’ video/song about “How to Love” but still has lyrics like “Beautiful black women, I bet that bitch look better red”
If you honestly think that a man who still feeds into the colorism paradox as well as degrade/call women out of their name knows how to love another being…
Well damn…you’re just one messed up person…>>
Letter to Lil Wayne….these 10 yr olds go hard
-“Lil Wayne is Disrespectful”
1. I wish my sister realizes that she doesn’t need a man in her life to make her happy and that she doesn’t need to dedicate EVERYSINGLE status on fb to a boy.
2.I wish Waka Flocka would get throat cancer, forcing him to quit the rap game.
3.I hope Lil Wayne does not bring another child into this world this yr.
4. I hope Nicki Minaji becomes irrelevant this year…..
5. I hope people open their eyes and ears and realize that Drake is NOT the sexiest man alive and that he is NOT a “good” rapper
6. I hope Lupe Fiasco’s L.A.S.E.R.S album finally drops and EVERYONE goes out and BUYS IT, making it an instant number 1, making him realize that he has a LARGE FANBASE and forcing make another album
7. I hope I get this followship/research at UCLA this summer…cuz that would be bomb
8. I hope Soulja Boy QUITS rapping all together
9. I wish all those well, who have done me wrong this year
10. I hope to make ALL A’S this school semester
11. I hope/wish to make it till my 21st birthday this June
12. I hope Chris Brown finally gets over Rihanna
13. I wish Sarah Palin would disappear off of the face of the earth
14. I wish I find happiness within myself this year.
15. I wish I could find the courage to let “him” know that I want to be more than friends!
16. I wish everyone has a FANTASTIC NEW YEAR WOOOHOOO>>